Tuesday 15 November 2011

Art at Emmanuel School: Children's Drawings

Let's get back to some of the things happening at Emmanuel School again: besides all the serious subjects, paying attention on how the children develop their art skills, is very important, too. Beginning from the youngest kids, up to J.H.S (Junior High School) level, they all have some kinds of arts in their timetable as well. For the samllest kids this might mean only scribbling, or let's say, pasting a leaf in their book, but for the older kids there are some more serious drawing lessons as well.



The children also love drawing out of school time. One day for example I drew some animals on the board since we were learning about domestic and wild animals. When the bigger kids saw these drawings at the end of the day, before I could have realized, I found myself locked in the class with 5-6 older kids (alright, older than my four-year-olds) teaching them how to draw elephants, horses and all kinds of things.
Since the kids don't only like drawing, but they also love it when a picture is taken of their drawing, I have quite a collection of children's drawings, so I thought that I would share some of them with you here to make your virtual experience at Emmanuel School more alive. :)

To see this collection, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment